Wednesday, December 12, 2012

It's just the dark...before the morning.

"Maybe, there are things you can't see
and all those things are happening
to bring a better ending
some day, some how, you'll see, you'll see.


Would dare you, would you dare, to believe,
that you still have a reason to sing,
'cause the pain that you've been feeling,
can't compare to the joy that's coming


So hold on, you got to wait for the light
press on and just fight the good fight
because the pain that you've been feeling,
it's just the dark before the morning"


Tonight, this song came on my itunes shuffle.  I couldn't help but think that this song describes my semester perfectly.  As I sit here at almost 1am on the night before my first final, it couldn't be more true. It's like it's 5am in my life right now, right before the sun starts to rise.  I feel like I've been in the dark this whole semester.   Maybe one day I'll be able to see why everything that happened this semester did.  Maybe all the pain I felt this semester will be drowned out by joy soon.  Any maybe, the morning will come soon.  Until then...I'll keep holding on to the only one that gives me hope...


"and hold on, cause there's good for those who love God,
life is not a snapshot, it might take a little time,
but you'll see the bigger picture."


Before the Morning -- Josh Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment