Thursday, August 11, 2016

Quick Update

Hey all! I just have time for a quick update. We are in our second full day in Uganda. Yesterday we ran some errands around town and met with some program members and their kids. This morning we went to the land that was purchased for the new school and cleared it. Pretty sure I'm going to be sore from all of my machete skills ;)

Our travel day was really long and I'm still struggling with jet lag. The devil used the 5 hours I couldn't fall asleep last night to bring on the anxiety.. I was fairly calm until that point, so prayers would be appreciated for a restful sleep tonight. We spent over 30 hours traveling, as traffic from Entebbe to Kiboga was bad and we didn't arrive until 1am on Wednesday morning, which was 5pm Central Time Tuesday after leaving at noon on Monday. Yikes, I'm pretty sure I can take on any traveling after that. Everything is going well here. Our guesthouse is nice and our food has been great. We have eaten all kinds of fresh fruit and seen some amazing stars! Internet is limited for now,  but prayers for continued health and safe travel would be appreciated. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment